The Full in Virgo comes as a guide in the murky dreamscape of Pisces Season. According to the Farmers Almanac, in the Northern Hemisphere it is alternately called a Sap Moon, Crow Moon, Worm Moon or Storm Moon, as warming trends bring natures change to Springs promise.
This Month of March has been stormy, both physically and psychically, as the the quality of our time included Sun and Mercury joining Jupiter and Neptune, the co-rulers of Pisces as they synthesized their powers in the Zodiac sign of collective compassion.
Many Astrologers have written extensively on Neptune’s energetic impulse. They cite the archetypal presence within the planet for “Oceanic peak experiences, longing for transcendence, redemption and the innate human desire for connections without barrier or borders.”
This Full Moon in Virgo, opposing Neptune wakes us from dreams and longings, to the details, directions, discrimination and data necessary to craft plans for the future.
Full Moon’s often bring deep awareness of a crisis or culminating situation. There is a sense of waking up, taking messages experienced in a psychic landscape and grounding them in waking consciousness.
A trine to Pluto and our North Node of the Moon in Taurus, provides a stabilizing force. We do need to enact a plan forward now, to “dig into the dirt”, rolling up our sleeves to do the work to find the many resources available to enrich our goals.
Finding some balance between empathic compassion and critical, intellectual objectivity is essential. With our collective South Node of the Moon in Scorpio, sextile Neptune/Pisces there is an underlying potential for despair in our suffering, an awareness that if we are truly connected- others suffering effects us, and what to do?
Let the light of Virgo’s work of “separating the chaff from the wheat” to guide you. Make lists, be thoughtful and take service oriented and practical action towards plans and goals at this Full Moon. Check for “suffering over your suffering” as well as being too critical of any plans or next steps. Be compassionate towards yourself as you move forward.
We are moving closer to the Spring Equinox, and start of our Astrological New Year, as well as the Jupiter/ Neptune exact conjunction of mid-April and Eclipse season.
Prepare yourself for the unexpected, for potentials formerly unheard of, for change.
You can join yourself to this energy by dreaming and then doing what you wish to be and see in the world.
Here are some thoughts for a daily ritual to assist you in Virgoan task planning- with a little Piscean dreaming scheduled in too-
1. Get Grounded, set a morning ritual, moving the body or meditating for 10- 15 minutes
2. Write down your goals for the day/week/month, making sure to prioritize each.
3. Stay in the Moment. During your day, try and be present as you cross off daily tasks, eat mindfully and communicate thoughtfully.
4. Avoid Procrastinating. Get the small tasks done first, or break up big ones into small pieces, and then cross them off your list- nothing is too small remember.
5. Expect Curveballs- and do not sweat the small stuff.
6. Schedule your breaks! These are times for creative daydreaming and imaginative time daily. Give yourself time for just being open to what you COULD create, or to receiving messages and insights from your higher self.
Blessings to you. Hope is ever present. Keep it kindled in your hearts and minds as you take grounded action in your life.